New Jersey Adult- Use Marijuana Business; Application Update
New Jersey Adult-Use Marijuana Business; Application Update
Earlier this week, the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission (CRC) provided new information on the application process for Adult-Use marijuana business licenses in the state. Included below are our highlights of the application process and key dates.
- November 30, 2021: There will be a pre-application Webinar for interested applicants.
- December 15th, 2021: Applications open for Cultivation, Manufacturers, and Testing Labs.
- March 15th, 2022: Applications open for Cannabis Retailers.
Application Process Updates
Here are other essential updates that applicants need to know:
- The state will accept applications on a rolling basis. This means as long as an application meets and passes all requirements, they can be accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
- If an application is incomplete, the state will allow for an opportunity to cure deficiencies.
- Local municipalities have authority over any limitations to licenses within their jurisdiction and may have a separate application process to grant approval, which applicants will need PRIOR to submitting a state application.
- Microbusiness applications will take precedence over all other types of applications.
More details on application requirements are outlined in the Notice of Application, which the CRC published Nov 9. The Notice outlines the following information:
- Eligibility requirements
- Prioritization processes
- Application requirements, including a list of necessary forms and supporting documents
- Scoring methodology
- How approval or denial is determined.