DELAWARE RECREATIONAL MARIJUANA BUSINESS LICENSES
Types of Cannabis Licenses in Delaware
- Open license is a regular/standard license.
- Microbusiness license is a special license based on ownership qualifications and limitations to business operations. A microbusiness applicant is an applicant for a license who meets ALL the following criteria
- 51% ownership and control by 1 or more individuals who have resided in Delaware for at least 5 of the preceding 10 years.
- Intends to employ no more than 10 employees.
- Will not operate a facility with a cannabis plant grow canopy area greater than 2500 square feet
- Will not possess more than 1,000 marijuana plants each month
Types of Cannabis Business in Delaware
- Marijuana Cultivation Facility – an entity licensed to cultivate, prepare, and package marijuana and sell marijuana to retail marijuana stores, to marijuana product manufacturing facilities, and to other marijuana cultivation facilities, but not to consumers. A marijuana cultivation facility may not produce marijuana concentrates, tinctures, extracts, or other marijuana products. The state plans to issue 40 Standard (Non-social equity) Cultivators as outlined below:
- Small Cultivator:
- Indoor facility with a cannabis plant grow canopy area less than or equal to 2500 square feet; or
- Outdoor facility with a cannabis plant grow canopy area less than or equal to 1 acre
- Small Cultivator:
NOTE: No “Open/Standard” licenses for small cultivators, meaning you will have to fit the qualifications of microbusiness or social equity to obtain a small cultivator license
- Standard (Big) Cultivator:
- Indoor facility with a cannabis plant grow canopy area greater than 2500 square feet; or
- Outdoor facility with a cannabis plant grow canopy area greater than 1 acre
- Between both indoor and outdoor, the state shall issue 20 Open (Standard) Cultivator Licenses
NOTE: No marijuana cultivation facility license may be issued for an indoor facility with a cannabis plant grow canopy area exceeding 12,500 square feet or for an outdoor facility with a cannabis plant grow canopy area exceeding 7.5 acres
- To Recap, the state will only be issuing:
- 20 Big Standard/Open Cultivation Licenses
- Marijuana Manufacturing Facility – means an entity licensed to purchase marijuana; manufacture, prepare, and package marijuana products; and sell marijuana and marijuana products to other marijuana product manufacturing facilities and retail marijuana stores, but not to consumers. The state plans to issue 10 Manufacturers as outlined below:
- 10 Open/Standard Manufacturing Licenses.
- Retail Marijuana Store – means an entity licensed to purchase marijuana from marijuana cultivation facilities; to purchase marijuana and marijuana products from marijuana product manufacturing facilities; and to sell marijuana and marijuana products to consumers. The state plans to issue 15 Retailers as outlined below:
- 15 Open/Standard Retail licenses.
- Marijuana Testing Facility – means an entity licensed to test marijuana for potency and contaminants. The state plans to issue 3 Testing Facilities as outlined below:
- 3 Open/Standard Testing Facility licenses.
DELAWARE MEDICAL MARIJUANA BUSINESS LICENSES
Delaware Compassion Care Centers – is a vertically integrated license allowing a licensee to grow medical cannabis plants; extract, process and produce medical cannabis products; and dispense/sell to registered patients. There are currently 11 existing Compassion Care Centers within the state.
HOW TO START A MARIJUANA BUSINESS IN DELAWARE
To obtain a marijuana business license in Delaware, you will be required to submit an application. As part of the application, some of the plans you will need to include the following:
- Security Plan.
- Environmental Impact Plan.
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance Plan.
- Business History Plan.
- Financial Plan.
- Community Benefits Plan.
- Research Plan.
- Cultivation, Manufacturing and/or Dispensing Plan.
- Labor Compliance Plan.
- Staffing and Training Plan.
Schedule for a complimentary 15-min consult with our licensing/application team to learn more about how we may be able to assist you.
"Cannabis Business Advisors is a world-class company. Their tactical and strategic knowledge will guide any business to success. CB Advisors' advice and counsel played a key role in making Strive Life the only locally awarded dispensary in North Dakota."Dispensary Owner, Strive Life Grand Forks
"SARA’S SUCCESS SPEAKS FOR ITSELF. OUR COMPANY CONTINUES TO ENGAGE SARA FOR ONGOING CONSULTING AND HER ADVICE REMAINS SOLID AND RELEVANT TO OUR GROWTH."Owner, Firefly Dispensaries in Pennsylvania.
"WORKING WITH SARA WAS A PLEASURE. WE DON’T KNOW HOW WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THROUGH THE APPLICATION PROCESS WITHOUT HER."Arizona Vertically Integrated Facility Owner
"Sara reduced much of the management team’s stress by her knowledge, execution, resolving conflicts, and firm but confident approach."Chairman, Solevo Wellness
"Sara’s success speaks for itself. Our company continues to engage Sara for ongoing consulting and her advice remains solid and relevant to our growth."Owner, Firefly Dispensaries in Pennsylvania.
"Working with Sara was a pleasure. We don’t know how we would have gotten through the application process without her."Arizona Vertically Integrated Facility Owner